Had an unexpected, and also most unwanted 'gathering' with ex-schoolmates. Well, a gathering due to such occasion, who would want it?
________________________________________________________________________
A sombre atmosphere, people sobbing. The news made me can't do anything since morning.
A childhood friend. A neighbour from preschool till primary school. A friend. Had tuition at the same place.
I found a place to calm myself down, being solitary, observing the surrounding.
Still, sombre atmosphere, people sobbing. Some are curious on what exactly happened, some are catching up with each other. Some people answer the phone call now and then.
A 20 year old...
Looking down, I saw my bare arms, thinking, 'what can I do?'
A second friend lost.
Look closer, an arm with at least 13 scars left by needles. The latest was made just 5 days ago.
The first being a colleague few months back.
13 packs of blood donated. 39 lives (might be) saved. Hopefully.
Both are in car accidents.
'What else can I do?' I thought to myself.
UUM student killed in freak accident - A headline in News Straits Times
Flipping through my wallet, a small little green colour card stands out from the rest.
A Universiti Utara Malaysia student was killed when the car he was travelling in with his three friends...
An Organ Donation Card. To save even more people even if I'm gone.
... was smashed by ply wood that fell off a lorry last night.
________________________________________________________________________'Only that?!' 'What about the one in front of you?!' 'What about your love ones?!'
Stay strong, everyone !
Lets accomplish what he wasn't able to !
Lets accomplish what he had bestowed on us !
His legacy, is in our hands !
Stay strong !
Farewell.
Reference :
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/uum-student-killed-in-freak-accident-1.191502
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4469156734754&set=a.1346620833308.2047320.1464923094&type=1&ref=nf

No comments:
Post a Comment