Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012

Lots of people did a review on last year already, I think now it's my turn..




I've graduated from TARC in Dec 2011, put down all the studies (which I had lost interest in by that time) and vice chairperson of Career Guidance Society. So I've started 2012 with a very strong will to lead, organize activities or to meet more people. You know, it wasn't fun staying at home and do nothing with that mindset.. That's why I killed my time with lots of DIY stuff.

Then, I've worked as a telemarketer, selling Astro's second decoder and upgrading packages. I passed that period in a miserable state. Why? Jz think about this : Why would you sell people something which you yourself wouldn't want to buy? Why should I twist and turn the customers, aka victims, to persuade them to upgrade their packages even when they don't even need it? Everyone has 24 hours, how many hours would you spend on each of the 20 - 30 channels available? I surrendered in 1.5 months. (*Plus, the workplace can be reach in 1+hour by motorcycle. If car, at least 1.5 - 2.5 hours..*)

Well, I learned quite something while working. The culture and attitude of the colleagues etc. (It's normal for people to be lazy or do things in a way which is not supposed to be. And that's how they are successful or earned a lot of sales.) I've improved on my communication skills (more of like talking effectively - straight to the point) and improved on my persuasion skills (though just 10% of it). And a lot more which I utilize them in my daily life now.

After resigned, I went to USM, Penang to learn Amateur Telescope Making. Something which I wanted to do since Form 2. Stopped when I was doing polishing. Not sure when I'll continue again.. Learned that I'm not up to such physical and mental challenge, I guess.. Disappointed? Yea..


I've started my student life in UNITEN, taking Mechanical Engineering on 28 May. Here, I met 2 crazy friends and they have sparked my interest to study. In my first sem, I've continued to join some events, study smart and I had passed it with an okay okay result (still far lower than my expectation).

In the 3 weeks sem break, I've worked as a temporary teacher for 9 days. The most unforgettable moment is when I brought my telescope in my last day to observe the Sun. It ended up that lots of teachers bring their class, lining up and wait for their turn to see the orange ping pong ball with several sunspots~

Somehow, I guess the two friends I mentioned above did changed my life a lot. In that holiday, I was somehow encouraged plus forced to read. I've started reading fictional books, which I never did previously and started to love reading. Starting from that week, I found that I had gradually improve on my language and will always fill my 'free time' with reading. (In total, I think I've read at least 10 - 15 books since Sept 2012, a huge achievement for me). Plus, I'll never know how enjoyable and educational fictional books can be until I started with Mitch Albom's 'For One More Day' and Dan Brown's 'Angels and Demons'. I thank the people who encouraged me to read from deep down my heart. Thank you.

Sem 2 is another period which is quite life-changing. From a very active person, I've changed to become passive. From a perfectionist to a happy-go-lucky. From cold-blooded to full of feelings or emotions. Staying in uni from 9am till 12am daily (though not study every time). From an avid event-goers or event organizer to not joining anything...


Well, the year of 2012 let me learned an important lesson. Now, I'll just cherish every single minor thing in life. I'll not live my life to the max. In contrary, I'll lead a more meaningful life instead. Something which people might think of when they re having mid life crisis? Perhaps.. I'm sure that there are lots more to learn and discover as we age~

No comments:

Post a Comment