I failed cz I stopped and didn't continue at 14.5km. Waited for a bus to take me back to Dataran Merdeka...
I succeeded cz I know if my knee is alright, I'm confident to finish it before 2hrs 30 minutes or better, 2 hrs 15 min.
full stories (cont.)
Started half marathon at 6.15am. Started off with my optimum speed, which is 5/6 mins per km, not too fast, not too slow. (next time gonna start from a more front part to keep reduce the need to keep on overtaking ppl. And many are ignorant enough to block the right part by running at a very very low pace (they should move to the left))
at 4km water station meet the volunteer (Carmen Pui ^^ didn't see you Foley Chew sorry)
Around 7km, the pain from my knee started to kick in (it appeared since I trained for this half marathon). I used my knee band and continued at a slower pace. After some time, a 2 hours pacer (ppl who tied some balloons at their back and run at consistent speed. If we follow their pace, we'll be able to get to the finishing line on the time assigned to them) overtook me. I was quite surprised cz I didn't know that I was actually running at a pace faster than 2 hours! (Our qualifying time is 3.5hrs and my targeted time was 2.5hrs). Pain walk, not pain jog.. Then the 2.5 hrs pacer overtook me.....
At 10.5km (half the distance), Finally been able to meet the medic and they applied the ointment (pain reliever). It felt real good and I resort back to my normal speed. But that doesn't last long - +-0.5km only. From then onwards, I walked all the way till the other medic station which is at 14.5km in the hope that they are able to help.
Reached, and the medic told me that they can't do anything! No ointment, nothing! The ambulance is for emergency purposes and so..... Fed up, rest for 5 minutes and wanted to continue walking till the end. It was jz ard 7.45am and I've still got 2 hrs to complete 6.5km.
Started off again and returned after 100m cz the pain made me stopped, totally. Waited there until the last runner left and got onto a bus with another girl who got (rheumatic fever) 风湿 (her target was 15km and she has done 14.5km! Great job!) and the medic team who drop us off 1km away from Dataran Merdeka at 9.45am.
Drag my feet to there and met with my lovely lecturer, Miss Joanna and her gang. Well done !!! Then met with Fishtail Evonne and gang and rested for some time before I go home at ard 11am.
Surprise surprised, I met with XinPei Pei Er (ok she met me) at Masjid Jamek LRT station. (hey! how you know I should take the train on the right instead of left?! I don't take public transport that often... lol)
Lesson learned - the knee is a very important asset.. really. Yoon Voon Tabur cancelled, Jiun Wai Nixon Saw @jong tat, bouldering (wall climbing) cancelled (Joy Choong well no bouldering in months)
Stand at a more front part, be confident in myself in the fact that I can do better and don't hv to overtake so many ppl
and
Am I going to participate in another half marathon? Not for the next run. The next one, I'll do full marathon (42km) but definitely not Penang Bridge Marathon on 20 Nov 2011. (My exam ends on 18 Nov 2011)
bring own pain reliever !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment